Aside from the 2012 NPTE (National Physical Therapy Examination) Review & Study Guide that is a must read when you are preparing for the National Physical Therapy exam. Another book that I highly recommend is Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists: Screening for Referral, 5e (Differential Diagnosis In Physical Therapy). I used the 4th edition of this textbook when I was reviewing for the NPTE, and it proved to be an asset in helping rule out cases and diagnosis.
I highly recommend this book because:
- Very easy to read, easy on the eyes and on the brain. Not very preachy like some other textbooks. Explanation is structured in a good flowing manner.
- Discusses past medical history, clinical presentation, signs and symptoms and review of symptoms thoroughly.
- It has sample case studies that helps with your memory and imagination (pretending you’re actually making the diagnosis)
- Key points to remember at the end of every chapter
- Questions that you must answer at the end of every chapter. Certainly helped me understand the cases better, and it stuck in my head too.